Science Writer Fellowships: how to apply
ELIGIBILITY AND GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
- Be Italian science writers in the earlier stages of their career, who are currently working in Italy.
- Have a good command of English and previous experience writing about science for the general public.
During the fellowship period, the Science Writer Fellows will be provided with round-trip economy airfare between Italy and Boston, hotel accommodation, and will be reimbursed for documented local meal and transport expenses for up to $50 per day.
EVALUATION AND REPORTING
Award recipients will be expected to provide a full report, in English and in Italian, to both the Armenise-Harvard Foundation and to UGIS at the end of the fellowship. Science Writer Fellows are also asked to send UGIS and the Foundation copies of any articles published as a result of the Fellowship within one year of the termination of the Fellowship.
The application will include:
- Application form
- A letter in English of no fewer than 500 words outlining the applicant’s ambitions, interests, abilities, and why the fellowship will help the applicant’s career,
- Curriculum vitae (in English),
- Two recently published articles (in Italian).
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
If you have any questions concerning this application or the program, please contact: