The Changing Brain: Synapse Formation and Plasticity
November 29, 2001
The day was divided into two sessions: synapse formation (and structure) and synapse plasticity.
The speakers included:
- Tobias Bonhoeffer, Max-Planck-Institut for Neurobiology
- Pietro De Camilli, Yale University School of Medicine
- Richard Huganir, HHMI, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Antonio Malgaroli, DIBIT
- Joshua Sanes, Washington University School of Medicine
- Carla Shatz, Harvard Medical School
- Erin Schuman, HHMI, Caltech
- Morgan Sheng, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- Flavia Valtorta, DIBIT
The conference included a workshop for science writers from national newspapers, to communicate some of the ideas discussed in the main conference in a more informal setting.